As an experienced and long-standing car hire company in South Africa, CABS is proud of the reputation that we have built over the past two decades. Our core services include quality rentals and chauffeur services, with value-added services also offered to clients who are travelling within Southern Africa.
About CABS Car Hire Company South Africa
A commitment to excellence is just part of what makes CABS one of South Africa’s most trusted rental companies. But our dedication does not stop there – we also believe in creating opportunities for growth, for our employees and the communities we operate within.
CABS Car Hire was established in 1990 as a Close Corporation, becoming a Private Company in 2007 after converting to CABS Car Hire (Pty) Limited, (CABS) – a subsidiary of D & A Power Products (Pty)Ltd. (Reg No. 1995/002686/07 Vat No. 4030150082)
CABS is the largest independent car hire company in South Africa, with a head office in Cape Town and branches in George, Port Elizabeth, Durban and Johannesburg.
CABS is a supplier to both National and Local Government on a Tender Basis. We currently supply the Government Garage in the Western Cape, the Department of Foreign Affairs, the Department of Justice amongst others.
We have had a long and valued supplier relationship with the Cape Town City Council and Statistics South Africa. We provide vehicles to the Embassy of United States of America, serving US Consultants countrywide. We have been privileged to have been selected for transporting Presidents Bill Clinton and George Bush during their visits to South Africa.
Also included amongst the world leaders that we have had the privilege of transporting is the Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin; current US President Barack Obama and United Nations dignitary Kofi Annan.
Directors of CABS Car Hire
R.W.Szymonowicz, D.W. May (Managing Director), M.B.Rosewitz, J. Lachenicht
CABS is a 30% owned BEE company owned by D & A Power Products (Pty) Ltd., and Dave May.
Affirmative Action Policy
CABS embraces the concept of Black Economic Empowerment. Staff at our South Africa car hire company are empowered to advance themselves through training and educational means. We currently have people across previously disadvantaged race groups holding senior positions within the company, from Branch Managers to Accounts Manager and Workshop Managers. We are fully BEE compliant in accordance with the Codes of Good Practice issued under Section 9(1) of the Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment Act No 53 of 2003. View our BEE Certificate.
- We supply free housing for one of our underprivileged staff members at present.
- Older cars are sold to qualified staff members who have completed at least two years’ service) at a nominal, interest-free price.
- We support the non-profit help organisation Boys Town with monthly donations.
- We take an active interest in both the financial and physical wellbeing of approximately 70 orphaned children at the Sukhumzi Children’s Home in Mfuleni. All vehicles at the centre are maintained by CABS; as is their computer and other equipment. (acknowledgment of funds received from Sukhumzi Children’s home)
- A monthly donation sponsorship is provided to the Robin Good Initiative – a feeding programme for disadvantaged children run by Neil Gibbs of the Sun Valley Ministry.
To learn more about our car hire company in South Africa or get a quote on rentals across South Africa, contact CABS today.